2+2 rear suspension

PostPost by: tim22 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:42 pm

RD

I will check the upright carefully - presume snapping the top of the upright thread in this way is particularly likely if the trunnion cannot rotate freely on the wishbone and the upright is put into bending; and I can see how losing the upright completely due to a snapped thread could be more dangerous than my situation, where the dislocated upright trapped the trunnion against the inside wheel rim and the whole lot somehow held together -won't push my luck any more!

Thank you for the warning, much appreciated.

Tim
tim22
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: kstrutt11 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:05 pm

The problem nowdays though is the quality of parts, I messed around with triumphs many years ago and saw many worn and seized trunions but not ones broken like the picture. Many of the pattern parts imported from abroad simply are not up to the standard of the original stanpart ones, the problem is there is no easy way to tell the difference, the only thing you can do is make sure you buy from a reputable supplier, someone like Susan Miller is ideal.
kstrutt11
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Try giving Miles Wilkins a call,01243 554422. he is in Arundel so not to far south and he has a trailor too,he has done some work on my car on the chassis side ie replace drive shafts bearings ect.he may be able to suply parts or do it for you.

Paul
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:40 pm

Tim

Plenty of stuff here,

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/seanspydercars/m.html

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous