Sumitomo HTR 200 tire no longer produced

PostPost by: Tahoe » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:23 pm

I just got off the phone with Tire Rack, and one of the few high performance tires availble in North America is no longer produced. I had been puting off buying tires, and decided to buy the Sumitomo's this weekend, only to find out there were very few in stock anymore. 2 weeks ago they were availble in Reno, now only a handfull available in Indiana. The size I ordered was 175/70-13, so if anyone needs some tires in North America and this one interests them you had better order some today.

,Russ
Tahoe
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: summerinmaine » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:48 pm

Tahoe wrote:I just got off the phone with Tire Rack, and one of the few high performance tires availble in North America is no longer produced. I had been puting off buying tires, and decided to buy the Sumitomo's this weekend, only to find out there were very few in stock anymore. 2 weeks ago they were availble in Reno, now only a handfull available in Indiana. The size I ordered was 175/70-13, so if anyone needs some tires in North America and this one interests them you had better order some today.

,Russ

I ran those for years on my 2002Tii. Only tires I could find in 195/60X13. But the profile might be a bit too squared off for the Elanistas. :D
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Tahoe » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:23 pm

summerinmaine wrote:
Tahoe wrote:I just got off the phone with Tire Rack, and one of the few high performance tires availble in North America is no longer produced. I had been puting off buying tires, and decided to buy the Sumitomo's this weekend, only to find out there were very few in stock anymore. 2 weeks ago they were availble in Reno, now only a handfull available in Indiana. The size I ordered was 175/70-13, so if anyone needs some tires in North America and this one interests them you had better order some today.

,Russ

I ran those for years on my 2002Tii. Only tires I could find in 195/60X13. But the profile might be a bit too squared off for the Elanistas. :D

Well my car has pretty big flares and already has 175/70's so they'll work for me, but next time I need tires I plan on having smaller flares and putting on more traditional tires.
Tahoe
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: