REPOSITION HANDBRAKE LEVER

PostPost by: RedS4 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:50 pm

elanmac wrote:When I bought my S3 I had difficulty in reaching the handbrake so I made a bracket to move the handle 3" nearer to the s/wheel. I can now use the handbrake with my static belt.
Mac

Mac
Any chance of a photo or two of your bracket? Your solution sounds simple and elegant... 8)
Evan J
Elan S4 FHC RHD 36/8569 AND White Evora S..
RedS4
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:16 pm

RedS4 wrote:
elanmac wrote:When I bought my S3 I had difficulty in reaching the handbrake so I made a bracket to move the handle 3" nearer to the s/wheel. I can now use the handbrake with my static belt.
Mac

Mac
Any chance of a photo or two of your bracket? Your solution sounds simple and elegant... 8)

Plus details of the cable.
Brian Clarke
(1972 Sprint 5 EFI)

Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanmac » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:38 pm

Sorry for the delay in answering as I went away for the Bank holiday. Here is a photo of the bracket, the cable had enough free play to allow the H/Brake to come forwards.
Mac
Attachments
H Brake bracket.jpg and
elanmac
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: RedS4 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:13 pm

Thanks for that! :D
Evan J
Elan S4 FHC RHD 36/8569 AND White Evora S..
RedS4
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: oldelanman » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Hi Mac,
Not wanting to be a smart arse but it looks like the clip that stops the inner lever pulling out of the ratchet tube is missing or displaced from your handbrake - it's the flat spring with a button that engages in the hole at the top of the tube. Or is it just the way it looks in the pic ? I guess it won't matter anyway unless you pull it up with the cable disconnected.

The repositioning of the ratchet is a neat idea - looks like you added two extra brackets, one welded on and the other fixed to the pinch bolt at the bottom end is that right ?

Regards,
Roger
S4 DHC
oldelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanmac » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:06 pm

Hi Roger, you are right about the clip but it wasn't there when i bought the car. The rear bracket on the handbrake is just a piece of Aluminium angle. I had forgotten what brackets I used as I did the mod ten years ago.
Mac
elanmac
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: