Rear suspension top nut

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:12 pm

Dear All

Am going to pick up a couple of spares of the above (castle nuts) but by my reckoning they are 0.685" which is near as damn it 11/16" and 16tpi.....Is that cycle thread or unf/unc?

Thanks

John :?
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:21 pm

John, I would recheck that as I had a problem a few years ago, I am NOT saying I am correct but a figure of 20tpi seems to stick in my mind.......but I am NOT sure :? :?
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:37 pm

That'll be 11/16"-16 UNF, a bit of a rarety however, may be difficult to find suitable parts.
Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:43 pm

Thanks both......Just downloaded Zeus and it looks like 11/16 UNF 16tpi castle nuts...anyone want a copy of Zeus just drop me a pm,If I can get the correct nuts anyone interested?

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:47 pm

john.p.clegg wrote:Thanks both......Just downloaded Zeus and it looks like 11/16 UNF 16tpi castle nuts...anyone want a copy of Zeus just drop me a pm,If I can get the correct nuts anyone interested?

Yes please!
I was looking for that myself but found the confirmation I needed elsewhere.
Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AussieJohn » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:16 pm

Bought some nuts from a well known dealer in the NW, after damaging the damper threads I found the internal dia. of the nuts were 9 thou. undersize. ?30 later for a tap and all was well; I rang the dealer who said they had not had any complaints; mabe I should have used a scaffolding pipe on the spanner!!
AussieJohn
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:37 pm

AussieJohn wrote:Bought some nuts from a well known dealer in the NW, after damaging the damper threads I found the internal dia. of the nuts were 9 thou. undersize. ?30 later for a tap and all was well; I rang the dealer who said they had not had any complaints; mabe I should have used a scaffolding pipe on the spanner!!

5hit happens, trouble is far too often with these, "well known ---------ers" :roll:
Beware of the Illuminati

GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:40 pm

John

Is that yes please to the Zeus or the nuts?

john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:47 pm

john.p.clegg wrote:John

Is that yes please to the Zeus or the nuts?

Zeus, very please :)
Beware of the Illuminati

GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:31 pm

Sorry but looks like Lotuselan.net doesn't lke the size of the file but if you drop me a line at

John dot p dot clegg at btinternet dot com with Zeus in the title I'll return post byou

john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:13 am

Cleggy,

You need to be slightly careful in that i have both Koni and Armstrong rear dampers on my cars and the threads are different on them.

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: