Girling Brake Servo

PostPost by: elanman » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:33 am

Hello Gentlemen,
I desperately need for my own Elan a Girling brake servo. I do not expect it to be in pristine condition just able to be restored to its former glory by Classicar. My Elan at 800,000 miles is the highest mileage Elan so Lotus tell me. Is it beginning to wear out like its owner I ask myself??????

Brian Buckland
elanman
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi Brian

I saw your ad in the Club Lotus mag for this. I do not have one but isn't there 2 different servos? I believe one is referred to a 'flat back'?

Also posting in the 'Wanted needed' section may get more results?

Jason
50/0951 1968 Wedgewood blue +2, 1990 Mini Cooper RSP
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Frank Howard » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Brian,

I've got two that came out of my '74 Europa Special. They are both ready for a rebuild. If you think they are the correct servos, you can have them for $30 each (about 20 pounds each?). I'm leaving on holiday through August 4 however I have a friend who is going to England around August 9. He might be able to take it or them along thus reducing the carriage to practically nothing. Email me back directly at:

[email protected]

to let me know what you want to do. I won't be checking my email until August 4 however I will sell the servos to the first person who expresses an interest before I get back. Thanks.

Frank Howard

P.S. Oh yeah, I've also got your book!
Frank Howard
'71 S4 SE
Minnesota
Frank Howard
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: