tire pressures + non-functioning elerctric window ?

PostPost by: thor » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:01 pm

On my newly acquired +2S 130/5 I've got 185/70R13's fitted. What should the correct tire pressures be?

Also, annoyingly, the nearside electric window refuses to open. This obviously is a silly question, but where is the usual fault/abd connection here?

Cheers,

Thor
thor
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: type26owner » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:34 pm

If that tire weighs around 13 pounds then it most likely has very thin piable sidewalls. I had to run the pressure on those types of tires to pressures way above the maximum (almost double) to get them to not be terrifying when cornering at high speeds. Just don't go too fast and you won't get into trouble and the high pressure won't be required.

A tire engineer told me how to tell if a tire likely has the sidewall stiffeners. Compare at the weights of similiar tires and if one weighs more in this case close to 20 pounds then it has the stiffeners in the sidewalls. Stiffeners make all the difference in the handling for such a tall tire.
type26owner
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:55 pm

I know this sounds silly but does it close?if it closes O.K. then it's the power feed to the motor(opening),if it doesn't close it's more than likely the earth to the motor(both opening and closing)
John
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: