steering wheel size..

PostPost by: rocket » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:32 pm

Thinking of changing my steering for a leather rim,my current wooden is 15 inch but id like to go down an inch or maybe 2...any comments?

cheers,

Ian.
rocket
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Foxie » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:07 am

Hi Ian,

I've just changed my Mountney 13" leather for a Demon Tweeks supplied Mountney 15" leather. The original 15" Lotus wheel rim was uncomfortably narrow. The 13" was too insensitive and tiring at high speeds, especially on all-day continental motorway runs :shock:

The 15" is really nice, and I can also now rest my elbows on the console and door arm rest whilst keeping a comfortable hold of the wheel :D
68 Elan +2, 70 Elan +2s
Foxie
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Old English White » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:15 am

... When too small , you need extras ...
Christian. :mrgreen:
Old English White
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: peterako » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:42 am

Sean Murray wrote:Hi Ian,

I've just changed my Mountney 13" leather for a Demon Tweeks supplied Mountney 15" leather. The original 15" Lotus wheel rim was uncomfortably narrow. The 13" was too insensitive and tiring at high speeds, especially on all-day continental motorway runs :shock:

The 15" is really nice, and I can also now rest my elbows on the console and door arm rest whilst keeping a comfortable hold of the wheel :D

Interesting Sean!

As you know my Motalita is 13 (odd). Previously I had a Mountney (12). Since changing my steering rack, removing all play, my steering is super sensitive especially tiring on motorways :)

So...maybe I sould look out for a 15" wheel....

Had another +2 on the recent run up here. Missed Foxie. Real Elan roads :)

Peter
I is an Inginear....please excuse my speeling!
'73 +2S 130/5
Scimitar GTE for the lazy days, 3008, Some bicycles, Wife, Kids, Cats, Dogs....chickens....cluck cluck...one duck...the others flew away!
peterako
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: