Rear Brake Pads

PostPost by: steveww » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:30 pm

What is available for the rear brakes? Looking for some hight performance/temp items.

There appears to be a good choice for the front.
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gerrym » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:42 pm

Steve, have you thought about getting custom pad linings?

This company advertise as being able to re-line classic pads http://www.custombrakes.co.uk/.

Has anybody have any experience in dealing with them?

I'd go in with you if they need a minimum quantity.

They state that they can provide Mintex and Ferodo compounds

EG

Ferodo

"DS2000

The DS2000 compound is primarily designed for HIGH PERFORMANCE ROAD USE. However, its excellent speed and temperature sensitivity characteristics make DS2000 also suitable for RACING applications.

DS2000 is used in the rear applications of front traction RACING CARS and in particular the Super Touring Championships all over Europe. In addition it is a standard compound used in many Mono-brand Championships and Group N cars (even on the front axle).

DS2000 has a friction level of approximately 0,42 and this remains constant at any speed and at any temperature that the brake system is working at.

A minimum of 250/300 miles product life can be expected under RACING CONDITIONS, this can of course be significantly higher. For high performance road use pads can offer up to 40,000 miles of product life, dependent upon driving style and road conditions"

Regards

Gerry
gerrym
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:24 pm

Steve
I have been using the FR6 competiton compound from TTR for the rear in my Elan as not much else available off the shelf for the rears that I am aware of in performance linings unless you go down the custom lining route. They balance well with the high coefficient of friction Hawk 9012 blue compounds I use at the front

If planning to use on the road you may want to check with TTR on disk wear. They work OK from cold on the track but some of the competition style pads are very abrasive to disks when cold and not suitable to use on the road with the extended low temperature use

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: cabc26b » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:32 pm

I have a set of Carbotech in a box that I got from Dave Bean, you should be able to get a matching set for the fronts if you are running cast iron triumph calipers. I am/was still running hawk blues front and rear, so can't speak to how well the carbotech work ( could not get the blues for the large 6P's the so this was the option at the time)
cabc26b
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: