Pedal box question.....and Brake master cylinder

PostPost by: berni29 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:49 am

Hi

The bar that runs through my pedal box is jammed on the accelerator pedal. I seem to remember the same thing on my other Plus 2. Is that normal? I would think that it would be better to have the bar fixed to the pedal box so that it does not rotate, and the pedals free on the bar.

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:44 pm

Berni
When you get it out either bore down the middle,drill a few holes to line up with the pedals and fit a grease nipple(angled) in the end or get a piece of s/s tube the same diameter and do the same....
Every now and then you'll be able to pump some grease into it.

John
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:48 am

Hi John

Good idea. I like that. I might just open the accelerator pedal out and use some copper grease though! Someone has put grease nipples onto my rear hubs in between the bearings. I am not sure how effective that is in prolonging their life. I would think that you would have to pump in an EP90 type oil.

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: