Brakes.......girling Mk 2b

PostPost by: types26/36 » Tue May 31, 2005 11:30 am

Thanks for replys, I have now spoken to Club Lotus who are sending me the servo rebuild sheet and I will check if it has more info then the sheet I have.
As regards fitting the servo with the air valve down, I think this is more applicable to the lockheed servo which has the air valve under a plastic plate shaped cover, I believe this is were people fit the additional spring and gravity would assist the valve.
The mk2b has the air valves at the side on a rocking lever arrangment which is a different system to the Lockheed, I'm not sure that a different mounting would help with the Girling.
The mounting aside, my servo locks up even though the vacuum is NOT connected so I cannot see the problem being related to the air valve, I did lift the valves off their seats but this made no difference to the hydralic pressure being held.
Brian.
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Carguy » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:32 pm

I am also trying to rebuild a Girling MK2B brake servo. Can you e-mail me a copy of the rebuild instructions. I am in the States so I do not think that you will want to fax it. However, if you do my fax is 434-977-1462. Please say to the attention of Bob. My e-mail is [email protected].

Thanks
Carguy
New-tral

PostPost by: types26/36 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:42 pm

Bob,
I have faxed the sheets, let me know if they arrive.
Rgds Brian
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pereirac » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:02 pm

Don't lose the small ballbearing when you reassemble the servo... I did once :oops:
pereirac
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:10 pm

Finally got round to fixing the servo, I stripped it and found the problem.
The rod that pushes the hydraulic piston goes into a boss in the centre of the diaphram plate, the large spring pushes on the diaphram plate to return it.
The rod is a push fit in the boss and when the spring had returned the diaphram plate the rod had pulled a little out of the boss and jammed due to corrosion. The rod was then left pressing on the hydraulic piston maintaining hydraulic pressure.
I cleaned up the rod and boss, refitted the rod with epoxy and pressed it all the way into the boss, reassembled everything and now its working O.K. :D
Brian.
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: