axle stands under the +2S, where?

PostPost by: thor » Thu May 11, 2006 9:26 pm

AHA! I think I recognise the pictures , as I got them on an email from the man i bought my PYE from on Ebay, a mate of yours? EXCELLENT service from him I must say!
Thor Svaboe
1973 +2S130/5 white/silver

http://thorsvaboe.googlepages.com
thor
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Fri May 12, 2006 11:21 am

Yeah,

I bought my radio from him too, his name is Jeff. He is a very nice bloke, very helpful :D

He has one on ebay at the monent Item number: 4638816034

Jason
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: thor » Fri May 12, 2006 2:47 pm

Aha, and it looks like it's your drawings he mailed me... For any others out there, this Ebay seller is highly recommended, very very helpful and high quality (at least my radio)...
Thor Svaboe
1973 +2S130/5 white/silver

http://thorsvaboe.googlepages.com
thor
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Fri May 12, 2006 6:22 pm

They are Jeff's drawings, I am sure he would not mind me sharing them :) Jeff used to own a +2 so he would understand.

I used the Radiomobile front plate, but made it slightly smaller and bolted a couple of sprung tabs on the sides to prevent the radio coming forward. I found that the dash material was too thick to use the rear plate.

As far as depth of the radio; it just fits as my heater box is unmodified.

Jeff does have the smaller radios for the +2 but I missed the last one he had on ebay, I already bought the Radiomobile from him but was unsure if it would fit.

By the way the +2 radio only went for ?25, I was gutted I had missed the end of the auction :(

Jason
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: schroeder » Sat May 13, 2006 12:49 pm

I've been jacking my +2 for 20 plus years using 1/2 inch thick board under the sills just inboard of the wheel arch at either front or rear without any problems. I originally used this method because theinner sills were not in good shape and I didn't want the jack pushing through.

I've since replaced the inner metal sills but continue to use the same method. With a long enough (18 inch or so) board I can get both jack and stand safely in place. To raise the suspension simply remove the wheels as above and then place the jack below the rear hub carrier or front trunnion.

Schroeder
schroeder
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: schroeder » Sat May 13, 2006 1:41 pm

OOPS!

Last line should have read.

............................. rear hub carrier or front suspension/rollbar loaction.
schroeder
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: