Hand-brake warning light swich

PostPost by: iain.hamlton » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:17 am

Happy new year. A simple one, no doubt.

I recently fitted a warning light switch to the handbrake on my bitsa-this-bitsa-that +2. It has not had one since I have had the car.

I fitted it vertically right above the clutch pedal- which I thought was correct - but found I kept catching it with my toe, despite having small shoes. This was annoying so I have taken it off again.

Is this a common? Is this the proper place to fit the switch? Is there a work around?

best regards, Iain
iain.hamlton
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Foxie » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:05 pm

Although on both my Plus 2s the H/B casing has a mounting nut on the bottom side, the limit switch is actually mounted horizontally on the r/h of the casing. Take another look !

Sean Murray
Foxie
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: iain.hamlton » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:49 am

Thanks, Sean,
I was wondering about that. Mine has the nut to mount the switch there, but for some reason it doesnt work in that position.

I'll make it work!

best regards, Iain
iain.hamlton
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: iain.hamlton » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:01 am

Sean, anyone.

Which side of the handbrake does the switch go?

best regards, Iain
iain.hamlton
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:47 pm

The switch on my handbrake is on the right (pointing to the acc.pedal) and if you have BIG feet is easily kicked
John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: iain.hamlton » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:00 pm

More help please.... The new switch has arrived

The outer part of the handbrake has the drilling and welded-on-nut to take the switch. However when I fitted the new switch, I couldn't get it work. Baffled, I whipped the inner part out, and no wonder. The latching mechansim is on the right, so the plunger in the switch has nothing smooth to work on. Is there a different type of handbrake that allows the use of the right-hand mounting?

I am thinking of cutting the switch down and using it in the underneath position. I think I could another 1/2 inch of clearance.

Suggestions and comments please

best regards, iain
iain.hamlton
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: