Dellorto DHLA40 pump rod

PostPost by: alaric » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:59 am

Hi all.

I'm just putting together the pump rod on my dellortos. The spring is fouling on the threads of the rod. It appears to me that the little collar, that was installed at the end of the spring that does not pass over a threaded part of the rod, should actually be covering the thread. It would hold the coils away from the threads and provide a more stable seat for the spring than the pump lever. The diagram shows a 'washer' where my collar was installed. It seems incorrect to me. Can anyone advise? I'm sat in the garage waiting to assemble it, so if anyone can pitch in quickly that'd be great. I've tried to put a pic below.

Regards.

Sean.

20220814_105642.jpg and
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: George S L » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:27 am

Just looking through my book,hope this helps
Attachments
IMG_0588 (2).JPG and
George
Elan+2
Mk2 Mx5
George S L
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: alaric » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:04 pm

Thanks George. That looks like my setup as it was on the car. I just think it's wrong haha. Or there should be a sleeve to cover the thread.

I had to replace the clamps - both broke, and sort of crumbled apart subsequently, which is a bit worrying. Anyway the replacements have longer pushrods, which shouldn't matter, but also more thread on the part that's under the spring. The thread now catches the spring coils, and the super smooth throttle that I had with the new shafts and bearings is now rubbish - it's not even self closing like it should be with the pushrod and pump springs. Not good. If I put the collar - it's not a washer - at the other end of the spring on the pushrod then all is good.

I'm actually in the process of putting my original pushrods onto the clamps, which is pretty annoying - why can't the suppliers just supply the correct parts. They were expensive enough.

All the best.

Sean.
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alaric » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:25 pm

All assembled now. I put the original pump rods back in. The first nut has a collar that covers the thread. Both carbs are now operating beautifully. Just need the broken top cover back, then I can get running again.

Sean.
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: