Weber Dcoe Throttle Plate Spindle Repair

PostPost by: JACKJABBA » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:24 pm

Keith, keep posting, look at the number of views this thread is getting. People must be taking note of what you have to offer, as I am sure a good many owners would like to have a car that ran as smoothly as a modern car.

Just ordered the Weber tunning manual today.

Hope my dizzy is here today, I just want to get back and play with those Webers. ;)
JACKJABBA
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: type26owner » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:13 pm

Jack,
You can do it too. Just ask questions when it's not all that clear. BTW, I'm going on vacation for two weeks starting Monday and will be offline.

Personally, I get almost as much pleasure from working on the Elan as with driving it.
Thanks for the feedback.
Regards,
Keith
type26owner
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: type26owner » Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:36 pm

Stoichiometric combustion through out the entire rpm range of my twincam appears to be possible without any drivability problems. As I near it mixture wise there is a slight exhaust note which is developing when the accelerator is abruptly lifted partially or fully. Usually it's one or two instantaneous, rapid succesion reports which sounds like a cap pistol being fired form under the bonnet area but very muffled. Only the occupants in the cockpit are going to hear it. This could also very likely be a result of my changing the spark plugs to one heat range hotter then the stock ones. So maybe it can tuned away too. Haven't even tried chasing the leaner mixtures with the usually required advancing of the ignition timing yet. This is definitely headed in the right tuning direction to extract the most performance from a stock twincam.:D

105 mains gives me a 12:1 mixture with 40F8s. Looks like that's my size to deliver maximum horsepower. Can't be certain until I swap and suck on one leaner set of 40F13 idle jets which I've not yet purchased. Like to wring out the best mileage from the idle jets that's possible. Guessing 95 mains is going to about right to achieve the best mileage for everyday usage and get the mixture to 14.7:1.
Keith
type26owner
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: