What companies can fit fuel injection

PostPost by: cliveyboy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:15 pm

Can any one give some suggestions please
I got asked a question by someone and I don?t know the answer.
They want to fit fuel injection to their Elan.
In the UK what companies should they go to that can do a complete installation.
Thanks
Clive
1972 Elan Sprint FHC
cliveyboy
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: tonyr27 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:24 pm

I would have a chat with Omex they can supply main components and should be able to recommend a company who they supply products to. I had their ecu and loom on my Caterham Duratec and their support was excellent

Northampton Motorsport would also be worth talking to they do builds and have a good reputation plus they have a rolling road .

TonyR
1966 S3 FHC Medici Blue
tonyr27
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: DavidLB » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:53 pm

I used QED for the kit and Paul Exon racing to set it up.
DavidLB
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:15 am

Clive.
hi how you doing? You up and running yet?
I installed most of my bits myself. The TB's etc aren't hard to do. I had the Axminster fuel tank made for EFI to make things easier. Some conversions use standard fittings up to original fuel pump, this feeding a swirl pot. Then high pressure from here onwards. I have an emerald system throughout. The wiring up was done professionally. As was the rolling road setup. Standard Ford ignition components using Halfords trade card give impeccable spark control and cheaper than trying to use an electronic dizzy. The pick up components came from QED. Easy to fit again, just remember to gap them. I didnt.

Rolling road was by JKM in Portsmouth. Came highly recommend by Dave Walker and I think they now offer a fitting service too. At the time Emerald didnt have time to fit. Both companies I can vouch for their service.

The emerald ecu is set up to be able to control both cooling fans.

The only problem I encountered that caused serious issues was the position of the coolant sensor. As its position is in the hot flow then the ecu doesn't get a reading until the engine is warm. This caused countless over fueling issues when cold. The warmup table has slowly been modified to take this into account. Currently im not running a wide band sensor.

Paul
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: