AC Fuel Pump Overhaul

PostPost by: pharriso » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:03 pm

I know this is an old post but I have just found an Austrailian supplier of all the components for our AC pumps - Classic carbs. Their website is at https://classiccarbs.com.au/

Prices are in Austrailian $, currently 1 US$ = 1.30 AUD, 1 GBP = 1.79 AUD.

The infamous shaft seal & One way valves are listed here - https://classiccarbs.com.au/Classic-Fuel-Pumps-Repair-Kits-Diaphragm-Kits-Fuel-Pump-Parts/Fuel-Pump-Parts-Valves-Seals-Filters-Clips-Plugs-Bowls-Screws-Levers

Anyone have experience of the company?
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: SENC » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:59 am

Do not, Phil, but have always found shipping from AU prohibitive. I'd be interested in a few rebuild kits, valves, and seals if a group order might make shipping better.
Henry
69 Elan S4
65 Seven S2
SENC
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JJ66 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:17 pm

Hello Phil,

This is a timely post, I am currently rebuilding the pump on my +2 and trying to source parts. I do have an original shaft seal that seems in reasonable order but would like a new one to use or keep as spare. The other issue I have is trying to find a kit where the seller can tell me yes or no as to suitability with ethanol. The pump that is in my car was rebuilt not long ago (~5 years) and the diaphragm is splitting already and feels soft and tacky, therefore I think the ethanol issue is probably quite relevant for the AC type pump.

Regards, JOnathan
JJ66
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Bitsilly » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:34 am

Old thread I know, but has anyone found a good UK source for these seals?
A number of LR kits seem to have a similar seal, has anyone tried them?
eg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133478156946 ... SwKeBfIWaq

Cheers
Bitsilly
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: JJ66 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:45 pm

Hi There,

I got mine from angclassiccarparts.co.uk in the end, it seemed well made, claimed to be made in the UK and is working well. I called them and they assured me that the rubber used was good for 10% ethanol, however I am only running with the higher grade 5% unleaded.

Regards, Jonathan
JJ66
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Bitsilly » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:07 pm

I know them well.
Thanks
Bitsilly
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Bitsilly » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:54 pm

Unfortunately, they don't do them any more, at least, not including the stem seal.
Bitsilly
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Roland » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:17 am

I am just rebuilding my AC fuel pump so was trawling through threads.

Just in case it helps anyone in the future I found Flexolite in the UK can supply pretty much supply everything to rebuild these pumps including the stem seals.

Roland
Roland
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: JJ66 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:22 am

Roland wrote:I am just rebuilding my AC fuel pump so was trawling through threads.

Just in case it helps anyone in the future I found Flexolite in the UK can supply pretty much supply everything to rebuild these pumps including the stem seals.

Roland

Hi Roland,

Thank you that's very helpful, I'll make a note of them in my file for future reference, I'm sure I'll be into the fuel pump again at some point!

Jonathan
JJ66
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: