Cliveyboy - Breather and K&N Filter Conversion

PostPost by: terryp » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:41 am

Hello all
I just thought I'd do a quick post in support of Clive who manuafactures excellent bits for our cars.
I went for the K&N filter ensemble together with the breather modification to enable an oil catch tank in the front of the car cleaning up the air that enters the carbs. The bits fit really well and without modification and the ducting is a massive improvement on the original.
The car runs a lot better seeming to free rev. I can't really notice any change in noise levels, well perhaps a nice little bit
His web site is http://www.cliveyboy.com/index.html

All the best Terry
Attachments
Cliveyboy - View from front.jpg and
View from the front of the car
Cliveyboy - In the Front.jpg and
View of the K&N from inside the engine bay. I had to move the air horns due to the oil catch tank positioned on the other side
Cliveyboy - Duct.jpg and
Air box ducting
Cliveyboy - Breather.jpg and
Breather in position - I scratched the paint a bit trying to fit it without taking the ait box off!
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 pm

Just thought I would say another word for Clive, another car now but full Cliveyboy!
Rad, fans, thermostat filler, hoses, coil bracket :-)
Anyway just been out for long run into the centre of Saintes in 38 degree heat and temp didn't move from 82 degrees
8) 8) 8)

Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanman68 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:00 pm

Unfortunately Clive suspended Parts sales late last year, just as I enquired about some parts from him. Alternatives for many of the parts he sells can be sourced elsewhere but his thermostat housing with coolant filler is, I believe, unique to him. Shame as I was keen to get the parts I was after and support him by doing so. I'm hoping he makes the items available again at some stage in the future.
Elanman68
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Rob P » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:25 pm

Guys does anyone know where the K&N filter kit can be obtained from in Cliveyboys absence?
Simplify and add lightness

Lotus Elan S4 Coupe - Wedgewood Blue
Lotus Elise S1 - Racing Green
Rob P
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: nmauduit » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:39 pm

I've fitted a model 0920 (about 45 quids on the net) that reasonably fits the black hose, and made a aluminum support bracket to keep it above the mouth intake, so as not to impede the air flow to the radiator. Works for me...
S4SE 36/8198
nmauduit
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tonyr27 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:40 pm

I bought the K&N air filter along with bracket from Opie Oils
http://www.opieoils.co.uk

K&N part no RE-0810

I also buy my oil, filters and spark plugs from them.

TonyR
1966 S3 FHC Medici Blue
tonyr27
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:23 pm

Elanman68 wrote:Unfortunately Clive suspended Parts sales late last year, just as I enquired about some parts from him. Alternatives for many of the parts he sells can be sourced elsewhere but his thermostat housing with coolant filler is, I believe, unique to him. Shame as I was keen to get the parts I was after and support him by doing so. I'm hoping he makes the items available again at some stage in the future.

Oh I just bought a rad hose fro him a few days ago, I didn't realise that there had been a problem. The hose arrived very quickly and fitted without issue.
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Rob P » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:59 pm

Yep I emailed Cliveyboy and he is indeed back in business and trading, web site is alive and active.
Looks like he has some nice stuff on there.
Simplify and add lightness

Lotus Elan S4 Coupe - Wedgewood Blue
Lotus Elise S1 - Racing Green
Rob P
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Elanman68 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:37 am

I also noticed that the suspended sales notice had been removed from his site and received confirmation from Clive that he's trading again :D .
Elanman68
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:01 am

Now you can all be cool like me again!
8) 8) 8)
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: davieroy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:20 pm

Is this Cliveyboy kit still available? The website is not available and, as I am new to the forum, I don?t have any contact or information. My plus 2 S has a piece of mesh strapped to the end of the tube which clearly is not an ideal air filter. Any help gratefully received.
Roy
davieroy
New-tral

PostPost by: richardcox_lotus » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:02 am

I believe he has now stopped trading in Lotus items.

Regards
Richard
Richard
'72 Sprint
richardcox_lotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: