Different fuel pump

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Wed May 23, 2007 8:58 am

I'm trying to identify what type my fuel pump is, haven't got a pic but it look the same as the original AC type but instead of the glass bowl it's got an aluminium one.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: iain.hamlton » Wed May 23, 2007 9:10 am

I think there are various types of all metal pumps. Paul Matty does one. Ford fitted all metal ones to the crossflows, which I assume are interchangeable with the AC pump.

best regards, Iain
iain.hamlton
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Wed May 23, 2007 9:20 am

Hi Iain.

The reason I ask is because the screw that holds down the bowl keeps coming loose. It's only a Phillips headed screw and is a bit chewed.

I was considering putting thread lock on it but don't know if the screw passes through a sleeve or is just immersed in petrol and, if the latter is the case, will the threadlock just float off in the petrol...?

Preferably, I'd replace the screw with a bolt (or setscrew to be accurate), but I don't know if this pump would be metric or imperial threads?
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: iain.hamlton » Wed May 23, 2007 10:56 am

Robbie,

I think the best approach is to measure the thread of the screw with a thread gauge, and get a replacent set-screw knowing what you are dealing with. If you like, try a bit of loctite - it should be proof against petrol. Or how about using a tiny bit of PTFE thread tape?

best regards, iain
iain.hamlton
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: