Lotus Elan

Wanted : Baby Elan Knock-Off wheel.

PostPost by: elans3 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:03 pm

Does anyone have a single baby Elan knock-off wheel they'd sell ?
I'm close to buying an Elan without a spare wheel.
With tyre , without tyre, I'm easy, Could be a standard steel or a Minilite, so long as it's a knock-off.
Do +2 wheels fit ? I know they're wider, but seem to remember that the +2 wheels don't fit for another reason. (It's 15 - ish years since I had an Elan .......)
elans3
Second Gear
Second Gear
 
Posts: 176
Joined: 12 Sep 2003

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:41 pm

YHM
Steve

Silence is Guildern; Duct Tape is Silver
User avatar
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear
 
Posts: 2098
Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Location: Cardiff in Welsh Wales

PostPost by: tesprit » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:11 pm

I have a bunch of them I will sell. Where are you located?

Dan
'66 Elan S2
'05 Lotus Elise
'96 Ferrari F355 GTS
tesprit
Second Gear
Second Gear
 
Posts: 93
Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Location: Sharpsburg, GA

PostPost by: Lotus14S2 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:07 pm

What is a "baby' Elan?, wwas there a big Elan and a small Elan?
Lotus14S2
Second Gear
Second Gear
 
Posts: 136
Joined: 31 Aug 2008
Location: California

PostPost by: billwill » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:38 am

A baby Elan is the result of mating a fat plus 2 with a frisky Lotus 7.


:D :shock: :D
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear
 
Posts: 4721
Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Location: London UK

PostPost by: elans3 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:45 pm

tesprit wrote:I have a bunch of them I will sell. Where are you located?

Dan

Dan I'm in the UK, so ideally I need to obtain one from here, but thanks for the post.
Steve
elans3
Second Gear
Second Gear
 
Posts: 176
Joined: 12 Sep 2003

PostPost by: elans3 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:46 pm

Still looking for a single 41/2" knock-off wheel.
elans3
Second Gear
Second Gear
 
Posts: 176
Joined: 12 Sep 2003

PostPost by: Andy8421 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:19 pm

elans3 wrote:Still looking for a single 41/2" knock-off wheel.

Sue Miller had a batch made, she may still have some.

If that fails, I think I may have an old wheel somewhere.
Andy8421
Third Gear
Third Gear
 
Posts: 387
Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Location: Surrey, UK

PostPost by: tesprit » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:26 pm

elans3 wrote:
tesprit wrote:I have a bunch of them I will sell. Where are you located?

Dan

Dan I'm in the UK, so ideally I need to obtain one from here, but thanks for the post.
Steve


No problem and I hope you find one soon.
'66 Elan S2
'05 Lotus Elise
'96 Ferrari F355 GTS
tesprit
Second Gear
Second Gear
 
Posts: 93
Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Location: Sharpsburg, GA

PostPost by: elans3 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:08 pm

Andy8421 wrote:
elans3 wrote:Still looking for a single 41/2" knock-off wheel.

Sue Miller had a batch made, she may still have some.

If that fails, I think I may have an old wheel somewhere.


Thanks for your help, , I'll give Sue a ring tomorrow,
elans3
Second Gear
Second Gear
 
Posts: 176
Joined: 12 Sep 2003

PostPost by: draenog » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:36 pm

There's an original one on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254670512545.
User avatar
draenog
Third Gear
Third Gear
 
Posts: 228
Joined: 26 Dec 2013
Location: Wales

PostPost by: elans3 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:53 pm

draenog wrote:There's an original one on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254670512545.

Yes, many thanks, but although the listing says that it's in the UK, in the text it's actually in the Netherlands.
The guy is advertising lots of Lotus cars & other parts, wish I knew someone that had bought something from him to see how it went.
However, for that price I could get a new Minilite to match the other four on the car.
elans3
Second Gear
Second Gear
 
Posts: 176
Joined: 12 Sep 2003

PostPost by: draenog » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:06 pm

elans3 wrote:
draenog wrote:There's an original one on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254670512545.

Yes, many thanks, but although the listing says that it's in the UK, in the text it's actually in the Netherlands.
The guy is advertising lots of Lotus cars & other parts, wish I knew someone that had bought something from him to see how it went.
However, for that price I could get a new Minilite to match the other four on the car.

I've bought several things from him. He sends things very fast and I usually get them faster than other parts of the UK. Can't argue with the price of the Minilite - many people put them on because they can't get decent cheap steel wheels.
User avatar
draenog
Third Gear
Third Gear
 
Posts: 228
Joined: 26 Dec 2013
Location: Wales

Total Online:

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests