Lotus Elan

Vitalone Sebring Mach 1 interior parts

PostPost by: sm03lotus » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:27 am

661 wrote:Please keep us posted about the new internals. I have two metal Sebrings that I'm about to put on the car but the plastic surround that holds the mirror is a bit tatty and I'd rather use a convex lens

I'll certainly do that, 661. Let me know if you learn more about them before I do.

Also, nmauduit, in an earlier post, asked for photos and/or dimensions. I haven't forgotten that, and I will do my best to provide those when I can. Right now, the mirror is off with a bunch of other parts to be re-chromed (although I'm holding off on having it re-chromed until I can resolve the internal part question). When we get it back, I'll post more info.
Sandy

1972 Elan +2 (current)
1973 Europa JPS (my youth)
1989 911 Carrera 3.2 (current)
sm03lotus
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:47 pm

sm03lotus wrote:
661 wrote:Please keep us posted about the new internals. I have two metal Sebrings that I'm about to put on the car but the plastic surround that holds the mirror is a bit tatty and I'd rather use a convex lens

Right now, the mirror is off with a bunch of other parts to be re-chromed (although I'm holding off on having it re-chromed until I can resolve the internal part question). When we get it back, I'll post more info.

Be careful! I had my metal Sebring mirror rechromed and they totally buffed out the logo.
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
36/5727 pre airflow coupe
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: sm03lotus » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:32 pm

gjz30075 wrote:
sm03lotus wrote:

Right now, the mirror is off with a bunch of other parts to be re-chromed (although I'm holding off on having it re-chromed until I can resolve the internal part question). When we get it back, I'll post more info.

Be careful! I had my metal Sebring mirror rechromed and they totally buffed out the logo.

Ack!, that's too bad! Good to know though. Thanks for the heads up!
Sandy

1972 Elan +2 (current)
1973 Europa JPS (my youth)
1989 911 Carrera 3.2 (current)
sm03lotus
First Gear
First Gear

Previous

Total Online: