Lotus Elan

Plus 2 Federal Tail Light Lens

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:22 pm

In a moment of inattention, I backed into a fixed object perfectly positioned to smash my right tail light. It is the solid red type, AKA a Federal specification, lens. Does anyone have one for me, please. I don't know what it's worth but you have me over a barrel so be kind. :lol:
Ross Robbins
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: wotsisname » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:06 pm

I believe they are same as e-type.. you may well find just the cover available. the uk version with orange indicator certainly is, although around £40
1968 Elan plus 2 - project
2007 Elise S2 [modified with a Hethel 70th sticker (yellow)]
2000 Elise S1 - Sold
wotsisname
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:50 pm

I think Etype one don't have the reverse light lens integrated into light as per Elan, just a red section instead of white.

Worth checking etype ones and might be able to move the reverse light lens to a etype lens.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:10 pm

Thanks Mark and Wotsisname. I found one at RD Enterprises. Ray was pretty proud of what he has but as he noted there aren't any more being made so it costs what it costs.I guess I need to be more careful. :oops:
Ross Robbins
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Gordon Sauer » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:34 pm

And Ross you did a pretty good job of backing into the “right“ one because as I’ve looked on RDs website I’m pretty sure all he has had are the right side! Gordon
Gordon Sauer
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: