Lotus Elan

Rotten quarter light

PostPost by: dr_jayhart » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:20 pm

Good afternoon all. So as my quarter light lower bit has dissolved into rust does anyone know of a good source of replacement? I bought some many moons ago for a rainy day and have gone to offer them up today and they are shockingly poor fit. Before I go trying to modify them is there another source? Many thanks.
Attachments
A3C119C0-DEEC-45E4-81B3-D9BE638EDB2D.jpeg and
dr_jayhart
New-tral

PostPost by: wotsisname » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:26 pm

Interested to know how you get on with this. I have a similar issue in that the ones I have, look like they will take a lot of work to fit. Susan Miller lists them but had no stock at the beginning of June and didn't seem likely she would get any in soon. I believe she now has the rubber seals again.
1968 Elan plus 2 - project
2007 Elise S2 [modified with a Hethel 70th sticker (yellow)]
2000 Elise S1 - Sold
wotsisname
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: vxah » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:04 pm

I suspect I know who the supplier was! I was assured they would fit perfectly but, in reality they were nothing like! In the end I repaired the old ones, they don’t have to look too good as they are not visible when fitted. I also had a kit of rubbers for the quarter glasses but again no good because the groove for the glass was too wide by some margin! Again I refitted the old ones as they just don’t seem to rot like all the other rubber components?
vxah
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: