Lotus Elan

No longer urgent!! Fuel pump required in a Grimsby!

PostPost by: EPC 394J » Thu May 28, 2020 7:55 pm

Hi everyone.

This evening I stumbled across a very decent chap who had bought a Plus 2 in Grimsby today. He had got about 6 miles before requiring the services of the RAC. I was in a bit of a rush, but I believe between him and the RAC, they had diagnosed a faulty fuel pump.

He is now stuck in Grimsby. A long way away from home, needing a fuel pump. I believe his car has a cross flow engine, but the pump looked very familiar?

Anyone nearby who may have a spare? Or any ideas of anywhere locally he could source one? Or any ‘get you home’ ideas? Recovery is looking a little expensive for him.

Very many thanks for any helpful assistance.
Last edited by EPC 394J on Thu May 28, 2020 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where, then, lies the answer? In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?

Plus 2S

BLL 315H in white.
EPC 394J
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Thu May 28, 2020 9:03 pm

Are you sure the fuel pipe into pump isn't tight?
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: EPC 394J » Thu May 28, 2020 9:30 pm

It could be?

I wasn’t with the vehicle long, but delivery of fuel to the carbs appeared to be the problem? RAC seemed to have removed and dismantled the pump?

I must confess. I did wonder if it was gunk/crud in the fuel line from the tank? Or the tank itself? I had this myself very many years ago.

Edited to add: Thread title subtly changed. Car not yet fixed, but immediate inconvenience has been resolved.

Thanks all.
Where, then, lies the answer? In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?

Plus 2S

BLL 315H in white.
EPC 394J
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: JonB » Fri May 29, 2020 6:41 am

I have a fuel pump but it is a non standard item (no glass bowl). It was fitted to my Plus 2 S130 and ran fine for years. Still working, removed from the car when I fitted a Huco. PM me if you're interested. I can post it.
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Paul Chapman » Fri May 29, 2020 8:27 am

Late seeing this, but if needed I have a unused overhaul kit ( diaphragm, valves & gaskets etc.). I am 30miles to the north in Barton-upon-Humber.
01652-636823
Paul
Paul Chapman
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: EPC 394J » Fri May 29, 2020 9:39 am

Thanks guys.

I have directed the new owner of the vehicle to this website.

Hopefully he will introduce himself at some point.

Plus 2S

BLL 315H in white.
EPC 394J
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: