Noise test S4SE

PostPost by: rgh0 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:42 am

I mounted a similar centre muffler box on my plus two a little further forward just after the gearbox in the gap in the bottom of the Spyder chassis where there is a cut out compared to the Lotus chassis for increased ground clearance with similar noise reduction results. If I recall correctly it was an MGB centre muffler

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: baileyman » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:00 pm

I'm happy to hear this works. In our local Tractor Supply I noticed some similar mufflers for very low cost:

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/search/muffler?

I may give on of these a try if it becomes necessary. I'm only a constant 90dB in the car these days. John
baileyman
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:58 pm

My experience with a Falcon stainless pair (transverse silencer and mid pipe) was that changing just the silencer to MS was an improvement but it still rasped until the mid pipe was MS too. It then sounded like a proper Elan! :D

Before I bought an original MS pair from jonsered11 a couple of years ago, not yet installed, I had designed a MS system with Jetex bits but it would have been a tight fit and needed lots of chops and bits welded together.
Meg

26/4088 1965 S1½ Old and scruffy but in perfect working order; the car too.
________________Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: