Another Nice New Rad` From Coolex !

PostPost by: Verve » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:03 am

Hi All ,

Just fitted this nice new Alloy Rad` from the Super Guys at Coolex ... !

It`s based on their " Fatboy Alternative " ... so can be fitted (with their suitable brackets) in the normal position near the engine ... but also just fits nicely down in the nose , like on a modified Elan like mine !

We`ve mounted it slightly to the left ( to allow more room for the air intake pipe on the right ) ... with a powerful puller fan on the hot side , which also helps vent the engine bay down passed the exhaust ...

Got a drain at the bottom ( to help easy splash free removal ) ... & comes with the normal Rad` Stat on the reverse of the inlet side ...

Very pleased with the performance & results : )

Paul .
Attachments
100_6899.JPG and
100_6900.JPG and
S4SE Drophead , Sprint Drophead , Esprit V8 , 1978 Caterham Big Valve .
Verve
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: MarkDa » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:11 am

Neat job!
Looks to be a good fit top and bottom to reduce bypass.
MarkDa
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Andy8421 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:08 pm

MarkDa wrote:Neat job!
Looks to be a good fit top and bottom to reduce bypass.

Paul,

Not sure the gaps down the left and right side are a good idea though. Do you plan to close them in eventually?
68 Elan S3 HSCC Roadsports spec
71 Elan Sprint (being restored)
32 Standard 12
Various modern stuff
Andy8421
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Verve » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi Andy ,

Good point ... I`ll monitor the side bypass & blank off if necessary ... but so far so good ... & it`s been warm too in the recent hot weather testing : )

This Rad` also has more surface area/capacity than a standard rad` ... & certainly more than the previous modified one I had , that had lasted for the last 17 years ...

I`ll definitely keep an eye on it though ... & at least any escaping side cooling air , should at least help the rest of the engine bay for now ( I also have exit air vents on both inner wings : ) .

Cheers ,

Paul .
S4SE Drophead , Sprint Drophead , Esprit V8 , 1978 Caterham Big Valve .
Verve
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: coolexperts » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:08 pm

Hi Paul,

Thank you for you comments, continued support and recomendations.

If ther are any members out there with an old Covrad Elan radiator in the corner of the garage we are collecting them and paying £30.00 providing they are reconditionable without damage on the tanks.
Centre core condition is not an issue as we replace these with the uprated fat boy core.

Regards

Steve - Coolexperts 8)
coolexperts
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: