Popping and fuel running out around trumpet

PostPost by: rgh0 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:47 am

+1 to Grizzlys comments on next steps. i would remove the extension tubes and go back to standard and check the rest of the carbs are set up per the standard specifications for your engine before doing anything else

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: s28ven » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:25 pm

Thanks for all your replies. I lifted the rocker cover and checked the valve timing which all seemed ok with the marks lining up on the two sprockets and the clearance on the tappets being within tolerance. I got hold of a compression gauge which confirmed the valve was seated properly when off the lobe.

Before I started it today I slipped my hand onto the distributor incase the cap was loose and to my amazement the distributor was free to rotate. I started it and still the same missing and throwing fuel back out the trumpet so adjusted the distributor, just be ear and it ran smoothly. Checked for 10 minutes or so and no fuel coming out the carb.

Bearing in mind the car was supposed to have been set up by a classic car company and to leave the dizzy loose is just rookie mistake. I also re-wired the new alternator they fitted as it was wired wrong.

Thanks,

Steven
s28ven
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Chrispy » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:46 am

Glad to hear it was something simple! The old loose distributor caught me out once too :roll:
Chris
Elan +2 #0245
Exige S2 Supercharged
Chrispy
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:15 am

Its the old story - most carb problems are electrical !

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: