PostPost by: fattogatto » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:44 pm

Charlie Warner
Fatto Gatto Racing
fattogatto
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: cusword » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:25 am

Just checked my notes.......

Years ago I was told by QED that the heater valve is 3/8" BSP tapered and water sensor is 3/8" NPT parallel.

dwc
cusword
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: nomad » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:37 pm

Having driven Sprite's and Midget's for many years with the manually operated heater control valve I can't see why anyone would want to go to that rather than the stock cable operated valve. Its a PITA! I have several in line cable operated valves and plan on fitting one of those since the current stock replacement valves have become unreliable.

Kurt.
nomad
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Sea Ranch » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:33 pm

Kurt, so you're thinking of putting a cable through the firewall and adding a push-pull knob somewhere - on or under the dash? I've always thought that was a good idea, but so far not happy with any potential locations, given that the S model's underdash trims give very complete coverage and little option for an accessible but hidden knob.
Sea Ranch
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nomad » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:21 pm

Sea Ranch wrote:Kurt, so you're thinking of putting a cable through the firewall and adding a push-pull knob somewhere - on or under the dash? I've always thought that was a good idea, but so far not happy with any potential locations, given that the S model's underdash trims give very complete coverage and little option for an accessible but hidden knob.

My S1 has a cable that controlled the quite standard British valve as was fitted to MGB's....I thought all Elans had the same but yes one can fit a cable control anywhere it will fit, I suppose.

Kurt
26/3754
nomad
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: