Crankshaft identification

PostPost by: Chancer » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:55 pm

types26/36 wrote:Ron,
Have you any info which Cortina's had a 1500 six bolt crank? the Mk1's had the 1500 four bolt pre Xflow and the Mk2's had a Xflow engine a with six bolt crank although I do believe the first couple of Mk2's were fitted with the MK1 1500 PreXflow engine.

They were as I bought one expecting a X/flow engine only to find a factory fitted pre X/flow 1500 unit it had a GT cylinder head, downdraft weber and 4 branch manifold, not sure if that came from the factory or had been cannibalised from a MK1 Tincorner.
Chancer
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: promotor » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:13 am

Chancer wrote:
types26/36 wrote:Ron,
Have you any info which Cortina's had a 1500 six bolt crank? the Mk1's had the 1500 four bolt pre Xflow and the Mk2's had a Xflow engine a with six bolt crank although I do believe the first couple of Mk2's were fitted with the MK1 1500 PreXflow engine.

They were as I bought one expecting a X/flow engine only to find a factory fitted pre X/flow 1500 unit it had a GT cylinder head, downdraft weber and 4 branch manifold, not sure if that came from the factory or had been cannibalised from a MK1 Tincorner.

I have a mk2 1500 cortina that has the original 1500 pre crossflow engine and that has the 6 bolt crank.
The crank is not like a Lotus crank though as it has small counterweights - the Lotus has much larger counterweights.

All of the parts numbers relating to engines are available in the Ford parts books.
promotor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: