Water Free Coolant

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:32 am

alexblack13 wrote:
ardee_selby wrote:
alexblack13 wrote:We did just that but not from Coventry. Balsall common has a good travel inn about 1/2 ml from station (Berkswell) which has free parking and costs ?1.80 return and under 10 min trip.

Costs at NEC.... I understand Car parking charges were up (again !! :twisted: ) and catering?? Well how about ?4.20 for a sausage roll (No.. I didn't) and ?2.00 odd for a bottle of water (ditto) Carol and I never spent a penny with them. Apart from entry tickets at ?17.50 each... :evil: :evil: (Senior tickets were still available)... :wink: Oh!! & tea was ?1.70... not too bad.

Our lunch was supplied by the Travel Inn... :roll: :wink: I never eat much 1st thing so after a small plate of bacon and eggs we asked if they could do us a take out sandwich. We had two each!! One with sausage and the other with Bacon and egg again. Toasted and wrapped in tinfoil.. Tea was courtesy of the Hotel too. All for the cost of 1 conti breakie and 1 cooked. ?13.00. Great value..

I give you the "Canny Lad of the Week" award" ! 8)

Cheers - Richard

Well chuffed with that award... Ta...

Good job you do all know I am not a miserable tight arsed git right? (Like a few I know.. Some of whom wouldn't give you a fright!!) But some things just irk me. Paying stupid parking costs for eg. You do know that the guy who owns NCP is one of the richest in the world? Wonder how he is planning to take it with him.

Al'....

Wohaa there Alex!
We are all well aware of your generosity & I am a member of your "spend it where it needs to be spent" club. :wink:
I also drove to a local train station (which has no parking charges) thus saving the extortionate 8 GBP NEC parking charge.
By the way it's also 8 GBP if you attend a 2 Hour Evening Concert there.
The walk from the train station is also a lot shorter than the one from the car parks; something to be grateful for after grinding around an exhibition for hours.

Nevertheless I did spend a lot of money on a gorgeous Sopwith Camel model; not very Lotus Elany, but hey it's made me happy. :)

Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:53 am

GrUmPyBoDgEr wrote: Wohaa there Alex! We are all well aware of your generosity

And I'm also well aware! I was using Geordie (actually Berwick-upon-Tweed) speak...

"Canny: A Versatile word. Canny old soul - a nice old person. Canny good Canny hard - very good or very tough. Canny job - a good job. Possibly a variation on the Scots word Ken meaning to know"

Sorry if you took it the wrong way, Alex. No offence intended! (Seems it has a different meaning north of the border :oops: )

Cheers - Richard

P.S.
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:20 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NO no no no no... I didn't take anything the wrong way..Honest!! Its good to let folks know how to avoid the charges though eh?

I am well happy with the 'award'... :lol: :lol: :lol: I love it.

No paranoia here guys. Call me what you like..... :wink: :roll: :wink: :roll: :wink:

Working today.. A nice drive through Glasgow.. Appmnt @ 1030 in Greenock..

Have a nice day..

Al '.......
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jk952 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Back to the Evans fluid... for what it's worth a local chap ran it in his twincam 7 for some 13 or so years, it solved his overheating problem and because the boiling point is so high (over 350 deg F at 0 psi g), system pressure can be reduced to 7 lb, thus likely the claim about lower hose stresses. If ? it is a more effecient transfer agent it may make sense but who knows, be nice if that data were reported. Be nice to know viscosity too.
..no connection.. just info...

Jack
jk952
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:18 pm

jk952 wrote:Back to the Evans fluid... for what it's worth a local chap ran it in his twincam 7 for some 13 or so years, it solved his overheating problem ...Jack

There have been recent threads/posts reporting the deposits revealed in water jackets (when core plugs have been removed) and how hard it is to shift.

If the "preparatory" fluid is really effective then that, in itself, would help cooling a great deal.

"System Flush: Evans Prep Fluid actively removes the loose dirt and scale from your cooling system which can cause inefficient heat transfer"

Maybe someone out there has tried that part without using the fluid...??? Anyone?

However, if it overcomes any misunderstanding & incompatibility issues as discussed in the following thread, it could put many minds at rest.

elan-f15/anti-freeze-t19718.html

Cheers - Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pereirac » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:55 pm

I seem to remember reading that liquid sodium was a good coolant and better than water, after all it's used to cool nuclear reactors and it does not need to be pressurised. Only one small problem though, it explodes in contact with water... but as we are not using water any more ... Might damage the water pump though :D
Carl
Carl

72 Elan Sprint
87 Excel SE
97 Alpina B10

http://www.lotuselan.co.uk
pereirac
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: