Radiator recovery bottle position

PostPost by: Hitus » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:11 pm

My '72 sprint is the same as Rogers but again not nearly as spotless & I've never had any cooling problems (tho' NE Scotland isn't the warmest place on earth!)
While doing a spot of winter maintenance I was reading over the cooling system section (K) in the workshop manual & found page 5 is blank ! All to do with thermostat & radiator removal I think, which isn't a huge problem, but would someone be kind enough to post a copy of the page please, then I can print it off. Many thanks in advance.
Also, while I'm at it, in the manual (K12) it mentions that the sprint models are fitted with a blanking panel below the rad. (mine doesn't, tho there are side panels) are other sprints possessed with such a thing & does it help?

Thanks for your help.
Neil
Hitus
New-tral

PostPost by: types26/36 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:50 pm

I hope this is what you want, due to size constraints on the forum it may not be big enough to copy,if not pm me your email and I will send full size.
Attachments
page 5 [].jpg and
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:23 pm

WGAF?

Practising for xmas party
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:47 pm

Hitus wrote: Also, while I'm at it, in the manual (K12) it mentions that the sprint models are fitted with a blanking panel below the rad. (mine doesn't, tho there are side panels) are other sprints possessed with such a thing & does it help? Neil

Hi Neil and welcome.

Yep, your Sprint will have originally been fitted with the card blanking panel below the radiator. You might be able to track one down or easily make one up. It does help with cooling, provided of course you still have the panels at the side of the radiator and the sponge on the underside of the bonnet to seal off the top of the radiator too.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: stuartgb100 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:05 pm

Neil,

PM me with your contact details and I'll send you a template for the blanking panel.

Regards,
Stuart.
stuartgb100
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Hitus » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:52 pm

Brian, many thanks, that is indeed what I was looking for, now resized & in the book.

Tim & Stuart, thanks for the info., yes I already have the side panels (currently being repainted) & the foam stuff ontop.

Thanks again,

Neil
Hitus
New-tral

Previous

Total Online: