Heater flaps

PostPost by: Pastapesto » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:10 am

Could anyone please photo the heater flap (in the open position) arrangement. I need to see how the spring/arm/flap bits all fit together.
I took them apart a while ago and a few million lost brain cells later, I cannot for the life of me remember how they go back together :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yours truly confused!!!

Adam
Pastapesto
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: RichardS » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:25 pm

Adam

Unfortunately these are rather low res pics but they may point you in the right direction.

Richard
Attachments
heater2.jpg and
heater.jpg and
Lotus Elan Sprint FHC 1973
RichardS
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Pastapesto » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:59 pm

Hi Richard

Thanks for the pics, I appear to have the little arm bit attached ok but I cannot see from your pictures quite how the spring goes. You could describe it to me if possible. The spring(s) I have, has a right angle bend at one end & a little "U" bend at the other & I cannot seem to work out where it hooks into & how it works in operation mode.
Such a simple thing but it's got me foxed!!!

I took the heater apart a couple of years ago as it was in a terrible state & have only just got round to putting it back together. again. Just one of the very many jobs still to do in my ongoing resto'.

I should have of course, taken some pics but I thought I would get it back together a week or so later & time has just flown by & now I cannot remember.

Many thanks

Adam
Pastapesto
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: oldelanman » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:17 pm

Is this pic any help ? Can't get in close enough to see the other end of the flap spring.

Regards
Attachments
Heater flap 004.jpg and
Roger
S4 DHC
oldelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Pastapesto » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:12 pm

Roger

That brilliant, exactly what I needed. I assume the "U" bend bit is the end you can see & the right angled bit is the end you cannot?

This forum is invaluable, thanks gentlemen.

All the best

Adam
Pastapesto
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: oldelanman » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:11 pm

Hi Adam
Yes the "U" bend end of the spring attaches to the flap and the right angled end goes to the body of the heater.
Roger
S4 DHC
oldelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ElanAl » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:04 am

Twelve years later, I’m grateful for this particular thread. Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks chaps :-)
ElanAl
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: