Still wired-Still Tired! And feeling Disconnected...

PostPost by: Craven » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:48 pm

Staggered by the price of a new DB10 relay? Its function can be achieved by 4 cheap readily available relays.
alt DB10.jpg and
Craven
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:55 pm

Thanks Mike. The DB10 casing is much smaller than I had imagined.

Interesting location. I think I will use this location to permanently mount my controller for my added pod motors.

I would definitely want to add a modern connector block to be able to easily unplug anything mounted off of the dashboard to facilitate future dash removal.

All the best with your quest for the correct loom. I must say the Autosparks site doesn’t provide much technical detail to differentiate the many Plus 2 loom versions on offer, which is pretty frustrating. Actually that was the main reason I opted for the Spyder kit car type loom, which I ended up having to modify quite a bit anyway. :D No easy way me thinks.

My Federal car 50/2181 is only about 150 later than Veg’s car, and I found it followed the Federal diagram exactly (the weird one that is kind of a layout diagram rather than purely a schematic). Sure was confusing to figure out some of the connection details with this diagram format though; had to constantly reference the other schematics. Anyway, this particular Federal diagram totally predated the DB10, so definitely different than your car.

One detail to watch for. My car is registered as a 1971, but it is important to call up the 1969 build date in any discussions with suppliers. At first I was totally confused with this detail. Started getting a lot clearer responses on the forum when I changed my information to reflect the 1969 build date. Mike, thinking you are good on this issue as you mentioned getting your build information from Andy Graham.

All the best. Did you get ignition and sidelight switching figured out?

Stu
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mjbeanie » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:01 am

Hello guys,

Thanks to all, for the excellent feedback and suggestions! I am still working this non-federal harness installation into my federal car. However, I have been in detailed discussions with British wiring over the last few weeks. They agree the harness advsertised for application to a Lotus Plus 2S Federal spec was a misstatement, and the harness I received was indeed for the Non-Federal model. After some further discussion, they have agreed to refund the monies spent on the dash harness. (Thanks! BW customer service.)

Now I just have to make this one work. Just can't decide if I should wire the car without the DB10 and follow the non-federal diagram and harness, (and wait for the smoke to appear), or just run my own wires to the components in question from scratch ignoring the non-federal harness connections. Which is a painful alternative to decode what will work "Federally" and what is not applicable.

In any event I wanted to provide this update to follow up on this topic. Stu I'm still working those connections you mention. Thanks for your phenomenal input and ideas!

Finally, I suggest to use caution when ordering a harness for a Plus 2S Federal model.
I have yet to find anyone that actually produces one, per the OEM specifications.

All the best!
'71 Lotus Elan Plus 2S130 (Type 50/0179)
'70 Opel GT
'67 Sunbeam Alpine
'88 Porsche 924 S
mjbeanie
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: seniorchristo » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:19 pm

Why are there three warning lights on the the non federal schematic? :?
67 Elan Super Safety
67 Elan +2
seniorchristo
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: