Plus2S130 live feed to ignition coil

PostPost by: TonyA » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:05 pm

I am looking at the circuit diagram in the official workshop manual for the Plus 2 S130 non federal Alternator variant. Am I right in understanding that the live feed to the ignition coil comes from a rather long winded route: from the ignition switch, thru the centre fuse box, then via the heated screen switch, via the oil pressure switch , and finally thru the Antitheft Switch !!! No wonder these cars suffer from starting reliability problems...! Have I understood correctly ?Thanks..Tony
TonyA
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: TonyA » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:16 pm

I forgot to say that AFTER the antitheft device, the live flows thru the tachometer and FINALLY feeds the ignition coil..! What a crazy, circuitous and snag ridden route for something as critical as an ignition circuit.!! Is my understanding correct? Tony
TonyA
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:51 am

What fuse box does your car have?

The in dash four fuse wiring it runs from ignition switch, to/via tacho to ballast resistor and coil.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: TonyA » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:08 pm

Mine is an early Plus2S130 so has 3 fuseboxes in the engine bay.The Official workshop manual shows the diagram under Plus2S non federal rhd with alternator. The diagram is reproduced on page 159 in the Brooklands Books Owners Workshop Manual
TonyA
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: