Plus 2 Heater upgrade with a twist.

PostPost by: berni29 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:55 pm

Hi There

I have a bit of a thing for heaters that work well. With my last plus 2 I refurbed the heater using a Fiesta matrix. With the one before that I fitted a Webasto Hi-Top (which I still have) down in the nosecone but with fuel prices where they are I do not want to press it back into service.

So this time round with my new pus 2 project car I have fitted the (new) matrix from a Fiesta (mk3 I think), but also the electric heater matrix from a mk7 Fiesta. I did not even know they had them, but they do. They provide instant heat but also improve emissions when used.

The units are (AFAIK) 800w which is a 66.7 amp draw at 12v.

I fitted it below the water matrix, and it actually works rather well, although I will have to wait until winter to really judge its effectiveness.

Pictures below

All the best

Berni
Attachments
IMG_4674.jpg and
IMG_4673.jpg and
IMG_4672.jpg and
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:22 pm

" The units are (AFAIK) 800w which is a 66.7 amp draw at 12v. "

66.7 Amps ???

Hope you have a good alternator...

John ;-)
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:26 pm

Hi

Good point!

Funnily enough the car did not come with an alternator, starter or battery, so I shall address that requirement soon enough.

In fact the electric heater will be on a separate switch and will in all probability only be used until the cars conventional heater reaches a similar temperature. Then I will switch it off.

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: