S4 Lights Rocker Switch Wiring

PostPost by: Mileso » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:26 pm

S4 light switch.jpg and
As is obvious from query I am no expert so be gentle!

Bought my S4 last year. During deal noticed the light switch 'buzzed'. Previous owner vowed to sort before sale.
His answer was to take the offending sidelight circuit to a seperate, new switch and the rocker just did the headlamps at P2.

The side light circuit takes a hot live from fuses and connects back to sidelight feed circuit from switch so to my mind just ignore the live feed and connect the circuit wire back to original/replacement rocker switch
I bought a new rocker, pulled dash etc but just cant get both main and side lamp circuit to fire up. Tried many combos but only seems to be 1 switch position giving out power?

Sketch of whats in place and thoughts appreciated.

Anyone got images of how their terminals connected up?

Dont use the flasher circuit so any issues if I leave blue/yellow disconnected?
Mileso
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Lotusian » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:16 am

Here’s an extract from an excellent wiring diagram for the S4/Sprint as kindly posted by another member here, and a photo of the rear of my Sprint light switch (top left is blue/purple).
You’ll find the full diagram on this site if you do a search - I found it very useful, but don’t know how to forward the whole thing
You could abandon the blue/yellow wire, but fun to have flashers working correctly.
Hope this helps.

Ian
Attachments
8865074B-F497-4304-9B1D-1FA5BF735EB4.png and
40B68A0E-F73C-4A32-8EB7-733A2B31B8C6.png and
Lotusian
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Mileso » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:28 pm

Thanks - all sorted. Very strange - bought the 3 position rocker off SJS and its nothing like any of these. After playing with multimeter established that it had 2 completely seperate 'sides' operated by the rocker and both needed a live feed. Ta.
Mileso
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:47 pm

Where in Cardiff are you?
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Mileso » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:11 pm

PM sent