Plus 2 rear wiring

PostPost by: Dieschelan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:53 pm

Hi

Can someone put a picture of the correct way of the rear wiring loom in a plus 2?

Regards

Diego
Dieschelan
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Dieschelan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi

Someone knows where goes the wiring loom to the rear of the car?
In the floor or the Roof?

Best Regards
Dieschelan
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:48 pm

I am sure my battery is on the right, and the wires go under rear seat. Along rocker panel (most likely inside between wire frame rail and rocker) to fuse and battery disconnect. Then to push button momentary starter, then to instrument panel under dash, and keyed ignition.
Brake, reverse, turn, aux, follows the left side rearward.
Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Bud English » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:26 pm

The battery cable runs down the right side of the interior. Main harness down the left side. Both along the floor. The only wiring to the roof goes to the interior lights. My 1970, left hand drive +2S (fed) has two interior lights and the wiring goes back behind the rear seat, up the back pillar and forward to the lights. Those wires were taped to the roof under the headliner. I believe the early cars had one interior light and the wires came up through a front pillar to the roof. Maybe someone will chime in and confirm that. Sorry, no picture.
Bud
1970 +2S Fed 0053N
"Winnemucca - says it all really!!"
Bud English
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: wotsisname » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:03 pm

Early +2 has 3 interior lights. Front, centre has a switch on lamp base. 3 wires to this up one of the A pillars. For a RHD,UK car..not sure if LHD is different..... I believe this correct. Rear loom joined at LHS of dashboard next to heater cables. Runs across to sill and along the floor to the rear. It climbs up behind the interior panel and drops into the boot near the filler cap. There's a spur for the rear LHS lamp, one heated rear window wire also. The rear light cables run around the boot edge roughly where the bumper is attached ( I believe). Another part of the loom runs to the other side of the car just behind the fuel tank, with fuel guage wires and other interior lamp. The lamp wires may have a joint for boot lamp and are fed up near the battery cable and behind the trim. Hopefully helps.
Adrian
1968 Elan plus 2 - project
2007 Elise S2 [modified with a Hethel 70th sticker (yellow)]
2000 Elise S1 - Sold
wotsisname
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: wotsisname » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:05 pm

To clarify a bit. The rear interior lamps are mounted in the interior panels above the coat hooks
1968 Elan plus 2 - project
2007 Elise S2 [modified with a Hethel 70th sticker (yellow)]
2000 Elise S1 - Sold
wotsisname
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:09 pm

I think the wiring route varies between the models/years. What specific car do you have?

My harness runs down the middle under the center console, then up and over towards the filler neck. Where it splits, one run down the tank and one around the boot to rear lights.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Dieschelan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:34 pm

mbell wrote:I think the wiring route varies between the models/years. What specific car do you have?

My harness runs down the middle under the center console, then up and over towards the filler neck. Where it splits, one run down the tank and one around the boot to rear lights.

My car is a Lhd S130 (1973). Has someone pictures?

Regards
Dieschelan
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:23 pm

Mines similar age/model so probably runs down middle like my car.

I don't have any pictures.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Dieschelan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:06 pm

Thank you for the information. Someone knows if it goes on the floor or under the centre console?

Regards
Dieschelan
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:50 pm

Mine runs down the top corner of the tunnel on drivers side (rhd) with Gap in the insulation to allow for it. Comes from under corner of dash by light switch.
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: