Dashboad wiring

PostPost by: bloodknock » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:50 pm

Hi
heres the back of my sprint dashboard. Im trying to loom it logically and keep the cable depth at the back of the dash to a minimum. I realise that there are protrusions near the heater etc and ive tried to leave space to accomodate them. You'll see that there is a part of the loom across one of the protrusion spaces but this will lift out of the way on installation.
I invite comments on what i may have missed or done incorrectly.
thanks
Bob
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_1cd5.jpeg and
I've got a deadline, at 73, I want to finish it before I die!
bloodknock
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: crypto » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:09 pm

Difficult to see if anything is wrong with your wiring :wink:
As you have noticed too, the support bracket of the heater is very close to the ashtray (in my Sprint it nearly touches it). At the time when I rewired my dash, I added a 20 pin connector block ( just next to the ashtray) to add all ground contacts. From there I added a fat wire to the next chassis screw.
img_20151206_155241-800.jpg and
The really good drivers have the bugs on the side windows (cit. Walter R?hrl)
crypto
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: bloodknock » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:12 pm

Thanks for your input. i'm using the original wiring loom that i stripped from the car in the seventies as it is in as new condition. Your right about the earthing though, its daisy chained in the original, Ive checked and rechecked earth continuity, and cleaned and tightenedup the spade connectors. The worry of course is that when i put the dash board back in there will be considerable pressure exerted on the looms which could disturb connections.
I've got a deadline, at 73, I want to finish it before I die!
bloodknock
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: