Trunk (boot) wire harness routing

PostPost by: rcombs » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:46 pm

I am in the process of redoing the harness in the trunk on my ;67 elan. The harness runs around the back side of the gas tank fill tube back to the right taillight, then across the back panel to the left tail light. Also, part of the harness breaks of to go to the gas tank sending unit. No cable ties were used, the harness is just laying about. Is this how it came from Lotus?

Thanks,
Rick
rcombs
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Bill » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:34 am

Rick

Lotus engineering! Lightness added.

In other words - that's it.

The loom is well wrapped and is tucked twixt the rear body and the sheet metal protectors for the lens assemblies, it lays under the trunk carpet edges on the right side.

Bill
Bill Rathlef
Vancouver Island, Canada
"Keep your stick on the ice, boys."
Bill
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:07 am

In my Sprint, the harness,wrapped in black tape (OEM) runs in the sill on the left side and is tie wrapped in a few places to the reinforcing bars. It runs up the shock tower and over and splits off: part of it accepts the wiring
from the trunk lid (license plate lights) and the rest of the harness continues downward toward the tank,
then rearward, then upward to handle the taillights.
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rcombs » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:07 pm

Thanks for the info everyone one. Sounds like what I had was the way it was done.

Rick
rcombs
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: nomad » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:31 pm

On the S1 it was screwed to little wood blocks laminated into the back of the "boot". On the S2's it was run under little strips of fiberglass mat stuck just under the rear lip.

Kurt.
nomad
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: