s3 dashboard switches: another picture

PostPost by: el-saturn » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:48 am

here you go: i hope these were original at one time (36 / 4982) cheers - PS: my original dashboard has all the proper holes for exactly these switches (the jaguar ones are too big)
Attachments
DSCI4197.JPG and
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:01 pm

PLEASE give me a LEAD! IF MY SWITCHES are wrong i'll change em withi a week!! sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:39 pm

You had leads in the other topic.
elan-wanted-f4/dash-toggle-switches-t35303.html#p240854

The switches that you currently have do not seem to be automotive switches, instead they are switches from electronic equipment.

I suspect that having put a thin metal dashboard the stems of the original switches, which were for a wooden dash, were too long, so switches normally used with metal front panels of electronic equipment were fitted instead.

Have a look though this lot:

http://cpc.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/store ... rue&sf=705
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:56 am

thanks bill - what astonishes me most are these switches use the same female(an male) connectors as every other older car i've seen use and when i got the car, the original dash was fitted with THESE switches and even the window switches (with the welded wire crossings at the back) are a special version (up/down) of the same type of switch: the all are identical from the normal view and real nice AND always work! cheers sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: