LENO ALTERNATOR ID

PostPost by: gearbox » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:45 pm

Galwaylotus wrote:Left or right makes no difference. It's the rotation that counts - clockwise or anticlockwise. Even at that I'm not sure it matters electrically but the fan works better in the correct direction!! :D

I think the left or right does matter as the ears are different and on one of them the top adjusting mount would be on the opposite side of the motor. Or am I missing something? Also, most of the alternators I have seen are clockwise as most motors run that way unless you had to mount the alternator backwards on the front..... I think. It's so confusing lol.
gearbox
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Galwaylotus » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:47 pm

gearbox wrote:
Galwaylotus wrote:Left or right makes no difference. It's the rotation that counts - clockwise or anticlockwise. Even at that I'm not sure it matters electrically but the fan works better in the correct direction!! :D

I think the left or right does matter as the ears are different and on one of them the top adjusting mount would be on the opposite side of the motor. Or am I missing something? Also, most of the alternators I have seen are clockwise as most motors run that way unless you had to mount the alternator backwards on the front..... I think. It's so confusing lol.

Good point on the physical installation. I was just commenting on the electrical set-up.
Mechanical Engineer, happily retired!

'67 S3 SE FHC

See Facebook page: W J Barry Photography

Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Galwaylotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: