Black and silver horn push badge

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:20 am

Here's one that seems to be original, from appearance and seller's description.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOTUS-CORTINA ... fresh=true

Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: MMO597L » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:17 am

Elanintheforest wrote:Here's one that seems to be original, from appearance and seller's description.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOTUS-CORTINA ... fresh=true

Mark

Yep, they look good. Sounds like he's got a few too..
MMO597L
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: jono » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:49 pm

mmm, wonder who the seller is :?
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: MMO597L » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:18 pm

jono wrote:mmm, wonder who the seller is :?

Me? I wish it were...
MMO597L
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: jono » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:13 pm

...go on give us a clue :wink:
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:28 pm

Just to wrap this up, the eBay seller goes by the name "ClubSoulSaver". In the auction that I won (not bad...GBP87) he wrote:

ORIGINALITY:

THESE BUTTONS WERE PRODUCED AT LUCAS FOREMANS ROAD 'PLASTICS' SITE FOR USE IN HORN PUSHES ASSEMBLED AT ANOTHER LUCAS BIRMINGHAM SITE, GREAT KING STREET

NEW OLD STOCK, CAME DIRECTLY FROM THE GT KING ST R7 ASSEMBLY STORES TO ME IN 1986 WHEN LUCAS WERE CLOSING THE SITE AND DISPOSING OF ALL OBSOLETE TOOLS AND STOCK. I WORKED THERE UP UNTIL IT CLOSED- SO I CAN GUARANTEE IT IS AUTHENTIC.

SINCE 1986 HAS BEEN STORED BY ME, CAREFULLY WRAPPED, UNDER COVER, OUT OF THE LIGHT.

THESE ARE AS NEAR TO PERFECT AS LUCAS QUALITY & PROCESS THEN ALLOWED. THERE IS NO SIGN OF FADE, AND NO CRAZING.

I HAVE BEEN ASKED IF I WOULD BE PREPARED TO CERTIFY THEIR AUTHENTICITY AND ORIGINALITY: IF THE WINNING BIDDER REQUESTS A WRITTEN STATEMENT OF AUTHENTICITY I WILL HAPPILY PROVIDE SUCH AN ENDORSEMENT.

The horn button I was shipped was safely packaged in a sweet (candy) tin & is a thing of beauty. :)
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tedtaylor » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:52 pm

Read this whole thread, but don't have an answer to my question.
I have two (2) '71 Elan S4 DHC's here in the states (federal). The Lotus Logo on one is black/silver and the other one is yellow/green. Which is correct? one or both? what dictates what color scheme goes on what car? Is there any rhyme or reason to the horn push button and their color?
please let me know.
thanks
TED
"Driving a Lotus is a triumph of bravery over intelligence." Stirling Moss
"TaylorMadeClassicCars" on WWW and Facebook
tedtaylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:19 am

tedtaylor wrote:Read this whole thread, but don't have an answer to my question.
I have two (2) '71 Elan S4 DHC's here in the states (federal). The Lotus Logo on one is black/silver and the other one is yellow/green. Which is correct? one or both? what dictates what color scheme goes on what car? Is there any rhyme or reason to the horn push button and their color?
please let me know.
thanks

Ted, both of your '71 cars would have Black & Silver. Yellow/Green was on earlier cars... as with most things Lotus what was available dictates what was used.
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ben35 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:03 am

Hi guys,

Do you know a company name that remakes push horn button ? with a good price, not at 190? on ebay ...

Thanks

Ben
ben35
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: nmauduit » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:05 pm

ben35 wrote:Hi guys,

Do you know a company name that remakes push horn button ? with a good price, not at 190? on ebay ...

Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben,

Ray has been offering repros for a year or so http://www.rdent.com/ $79 ... (plus S&H, taxes and all)

Base is the same as on Triumphs, the center plastic badge is the only specific part.

(no affiliation on my side)
S4SE 36/8198
nmauduit
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: