Electrics !!!

PostPost by: graham » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:10 am

I am a little confounded with the electrics on my +2s130.
Managed to get the indicators working last week and now I have drivers side working and passenger side lighting up but not flashing . On wiring dia. flasher in feed to switch then lights and if a bad earth then surely lights would not operate.
Secondly tried wipers last week and had same speed on both switch positions and no park motion. today I have fast and slow and park to the wrong side. I have 2 wiper motors and gearboxes so may have one of another make. Can anyone tell me what the gear tooth should be for the lotus ?
Looking forward to the replies as I want to get it on the road.
Graham
graham
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Galwaylotus » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Bad earth doesn't necessarily mean no earth. Sometimes it just means too great a voltage drop resulting in some strange symptoms. :?
Mechanical Engineer, happily retired!

'67 S3 SE FHC

See Facebook page: W J Barry Photography

Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Galwaylotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bob_rich » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi

I would certainly suspect earthing if electrics start to play up. Regarding the wiper motor mine is a Lucas 14W part number 72683A and the wheel box is a part number 72852A. My wiper would not park but 2 speed switching did work but was centre off which i discovered was incorrect. I found that one of the PO had fitted the wrong switch and so the self park function would not work. There are quite a few posts on the wipers and they should tell you most of what U need 2 know.

Hope this helps

Bob
bob_rich
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: graham » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:50 am

Thanks guys for the replies.
Found 1 earth on lh rear had come adrift so connected ti and indicator on lh good but lost rh indicator - managed to find lose power wire fron ind switch so now both going!!!!
Pulled wiper motor to pieces and changed park to lh side- is this right most photos show it this way. Also running a 110 gear but doesnt seem to give a good arc, would like to know where to get say a 120.
Thanks Graham
graham
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: