Dashboard Switches S130 Rewiring Info

PostPost by: gerrym » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi, all. With the recent posts alluding to dashboard rewiring, I thought it might help to confirm the switch functionality for the dashboard switches. Alledgedly these were sourced from a washing machine supplier hence 240V 10A rating?

Anyway, here they are!

Normal Lotus caveats (no two cars the same, DPO etc etc).

Note, I'll add in the other functions later like fog lights, heated rear screen, headlights (and the other Obvious switches)

Regards

Gerry
Attachments
dashboard switch functions.xls
(454 KiB) Downloaded 847 times
gerrym
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: gerrym » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:13 am

Should have added a note, the dashboard switch terminal numbers are pretty small and need to be in bright light to be legible.

Looking on to the back of the dashboard, the layout of the switch terminal numbers corresponds with how I have drawn them. So in practise, it's possible to connect a wire to the correct terminal using top, middle, bottom, LH, RH etc. As fictitious example, "connect the yellow wire to the LH window switch top RH terminal". Still useful as a double check to read the terminal numbers and also to ensure that switches have been installed correctly. Also if trouble checking the switch itself.

The wiring diagram IMHO is a bit deficient in not showing the switch terminal numbers.

By the way, I think this exercise has been done before but posted on this forum?

Does anyone else have their Hazard switch mounted upside down?

Regards
G
gerrym
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: