electrical headache!

PostPost by: phatmendus » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:53 am

Hi can some one please help me to complete one of the last but most frustrating parts of my re-build. I have almost finished installing a new loom but am very confused about the courtesy lighting wiring. I have a +2 SE so it has these lights almost everywhere you can imagine, and im finding the wiring diagram less than helpful at this stage. The main problem is that I have 3 spare wires going into the doors, for the lights but i am really not sure what wire goes where. Im also not sure what wire the door switches connect to in order to get them to break/open the lighting circuit. Can somebody explain in simple terms which wires I should be connecting to get these lights all working? If this is not feasable then does anyone own a plus 2 s 130 in North East Hampshire that maybe I can come and have a look at to answer my questions? At this stage I seem to be scratching my head and doing little else when I am so close to the finish!

thanks

Simon
phatmendus
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Foxie » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:08 pm

Simon,

There is a permanent live feed to all the lamps. The door switch earths the common earth of all the courtesy lamps onto the metal dash bracket, which should have an earth connection. There is another earth connection to the panel switch.

Try photcopying the wiring diag and typexing out all the non courtesy light circuits to make the diagram easier to read. It is all there !

Sean Murray
Foxie
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: phatmendus » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:12 pm

thanks very much, Progress is slowly being made.

Simon
phatmendus
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: