26R Oil warning light, what does it look like?

PostPost by: john-c-elan+2 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:29 pm

And here's one of the red & white ones.........
lotus 26r dash light.JPG and
john-c-elan+2
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:44 pm

at those prices it shouldn't take long ----the lite in my dash was put there by the previous owner ---read the message 'heres what came in mine' ----26 denotes elan 2 the series and 33 the production number so the much vaunted car there is what??? and elan series 2 number 33 -perhaps a series one with that low a number?????": --it surprises me the factory doesnt know what cars went where or with what equipment or how many times a serial number was used but the ' experts' claim to -and make a big buck with their claims --I havent seen robbery like that since the Arabs discovered oil --do you have any used 26r tire air I could buy??-this grows tiresome right Neo? ---want cookie??? ??? - ed
Attachments
P1010048.JPG
P1010048.JPG (3.71 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gordont » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:46 am

sorry to have started this...... and not begrudging the sellers what they get it was just more than I would have paid.....

Atleast now I know what they are supposed to look like and I will keep an eye out for one.
Gordon
26/5416
gordont
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:01 am

Hey Gordon --dont be sorry --this started a long time before you came along --and some of these folks just wait for my posts -- watch your wallet when anyone sells you a '26r' part . P.T. Barnham was very right when he said' There is a sucker born every minute' --if you want a giggle look up 'shapecraft ' thread -- :lol: -ed

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 1964 S1 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:44 am

...just went to the closet and have now put on my vertically black and white striped shirt.

Ed, did the Arabs discover oil?
What do you think the light is worth?
Can you name one of us waiting for your posts?

Dave, it's obvious to me, and nearly the rest of the world, your light was worth what it sold for.
I've always thought something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. To me, the open free market is that simple.

Ed, Sure there are suckers but they don't determine true market value, only what someone can con them out of.

That said, it does seem like a helluva lot or money, but so what...
....who here knows what an original S1 interior rear view mirror is worth. Also a helluva lotta money, and I'm sure they're used on dozens of other "mundane" fifties and sixties British cars. But....

Gordon, if I was you I'd keep an eye out for one at swap meets, in the meantime, any lightbulb will do.
It is a backup warning system worth having if you're building a track car.

Jump Ball.....
1964 S1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:01 am

well the first oil well was Drakes oil well in Titusville P.A. 18 hundred and something but the Arabs sure picked up on it after the Americans developed the oil fields over there ---26r [just to keep the pot stirred ]- :P and as for mirrors --the famous quote 'WATSA BEHIND ME DOESNT MATTER comes to mind -ed

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gordont » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:30 am

hey if you have a real 26R or a clone 26R either is worth a hell of a lot more than the 155 quid this intrinsic bit would have cost and I admit that if I could justify it to my wife I would have bought it!

Seems anything involving a 26R is controversial!
Gordon
26/5416
gordont
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: vstibbard » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:39 am

Hi Gordon,

Hows the car going? If you'd like to see one in the flesh my 26R has the original oil warning lamp still fitted, they are as rare as rocking horse S**T and I'd be paying 155 for one if mine was missing or damaged!!!

And the photo at the bottom of this thread has the correct fitting.

Cheers

Vaughan 26-S2-42
vstibbard
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:30 pm

I'm getting the beer and crisps (chips) in ready for the next instalment!
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:06 pm

see what happens when you spend your time admiring your Fn 500 dollar 26r low oil pressure dash light ???---ed
Attachments
crash1.jpg and
3.jpg and

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RedS4 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:42 am

Dave
That is exactly the colour scheme I hope to paint my S4!! :D It started life yeloow, then a previous owner painted it red - I suppose I will have to then change my "tag" (is there anyone called "Yellow S4??). :lol:
Evan J
Elan S4 FHC RHD 36/8569 AND White Evora S..
RedS4
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: