Help Required - Car Cutting out - Ignition?

PostPost by: terryp » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:54 pm

EPILOGUE !
Well just been on the car for a morning. I started on a car that would not start at all , which has probably made the finding of the problem easier and I found (I think)the problem!
The small 3 wire connector (in the electronic ignition wires to the distributor) had the terminals corroded. They are a sort of alluminium and once cleaned it was back into life!
I took the chance to re connect the earths to the coil and the engine so fingers crossed.

denicholls2 had wrote about the suitability of a sports coil which got me into a bit of a panic. I emailed lumenition and there answer inbetween trying to flog me one of their megaspark coils was -
"When used with an Optronic system the coil (including the ballast resistor if one is fitted) must have an overall primary resistance of no less than 2.5 Ohms with 3 Ohms recommended"
I checked out the Lucas sports Coil and it is a 3 ohm coil

So thanks to all who posted. Its good to know that when you have a problem , there is so much support around.

Best Regards

Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:59 pm

Terry

Looks like you owe me a pint

"P.S.

Check the three way connector from the lumenition box to the dissy...One of mine was slack."

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:38 pm

How about a glass of wine if your ever in France?

Thanks a lot !

Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: