Its finally given up the ghost, so I was wondering..........

PostPost by: mark030358 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:56 pm

Gents,
My tacho has finally given up the ghost after intermitent functionality due to fitting an ignitor system. So its been packed of to Speedy Cables for an RVC conversion.

So I was wondering if any kind soul could lend me a tach to fill the hole in my dash, as mine is going to take up to 3 weeks to convert. I will pay postage both ways and return it as soon as mine gets back. If required I will send a cheque for the value of the instrument to ensure I return it.

here's hoping there is a kind soul out there as the car looks pants without one!

cheers
Mark
mark030358
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:50 am

Would help if we knew what part of the world you inhabit and what tacho it is
John
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mark030358 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:43 am

Hi there,
Sorry, I'm in the UK and its a tacho for an S4 or a sprint. However, not really bothered what type as long as it fills the hole.

many thanks
Mark
mark030358
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:27 am

Sorry I can't help you in your quest but your message interested me.
Can you explain what an RVC conversion is?
Is the mentioned company able to fit suitable innards to an Elan Tacho to make it work with the signal from a modern ECU i.e. Zetec engine conversion?
Thanks in advance.
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mark030358 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:00 am

Hi there,
The answer is a "probable" yes. An RVC conversion allows the instument to measure voltage pulses rather than current impulses. You have to state what ecu, coil, ignition system you are using. Most modern ECU's provide a voltage signal, but you would need to know if this is a sink or generate signal.

cheers
Mark

ps Speedy tele no is

01639 732213
mark030358
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:16 pm

Mark,
thanks very much.
Will ask Paul Dunnell what signal his ECU transmits & then get in touch with the tacho people.
The modern tacho that I have fitted doesn't look right & of course the integrated warning lamps have had to be replaced by external ones.
I could send you my tacho on loan if your quest cannot be resolved locally. I'm in Munich, Germany. (Postage usually takes about 1 week)
All the best.
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:42 pm

Mark
I've got a neg. earth one that will fit the hole if you want-i live in Glossop (manchester),second class recorded is ?3.14-both ways will be?6.28 if you want a loan drop me a line [email protected]

John
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mark030358 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:53 pm

Gents,
Many thanks for all the offers, but someone has kindly donated me an S3 unit for a few weeks.It goes to show how trusting and thoughtful people can be.

kind regards to all

Mark
mark030358
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: