Headlight problem

PostPost by: Kets » Sat May 05, 2007 6:47 pm

Can anyone help with my headlight problem?

The headlights started to please themselves when they wanted to work, so on inspection I found that both micro switches were not working as they should. I cleaned and repaired the Headlight one and replaced the Flasher one, which fell apart, with a new one.

Since I replaced the switches as soon as I put the lights up they start to flash like indicators, when I put the light switch on the dash in the headlight position they stop flashing and refuse to work.

Anyone any idea's :?:
69 Elan +2
Kets
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: mikealdren » Sun May 06, 2007 11:02 am

I assume that you haven't wired it through the flasher unit.
Could well be an earthing problem - if the earth is bad, they may be earthing through the flasher unit.

Mike
mikealdren
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: paul_adamson » Sun May 06, 2007 4:39 pm

You've done quite well there - as many people cannot get the flash function to work at all.

With the headlamps raised, but the main switch off (or on sidelights only), the headlamps are meant to flash.

Useful for clearing slow moving traffic!

When you move the main switch to "headlamps", they are meant to stop flashing and work as normal.

They use a pair of relays - one for main and one for dip beam. Maybe the wiring isn't right to those or they are faulty. ?

:?:
paul_adamson
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Kets » Sun May 06, 2007 6:02 pm

So the lights are meant to flash with the switch off and headlights raised? well I never knew that.

Thanks for the help.

So thats one problem solved.

Just got to get the headlights working now.
69 Elan +2
Kets
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: