Installing Wiring Loom into Car 1968 Elan S3 DHC

PostPost by: nico506 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:56 pm

Hi all,
I am still in the process if installing the wiring loom into the S3 Elan i have and after nearly frying the car - I need some help and tips.

What is the best way of testing the circuits- without linking up the battery- I am slowly losing confidence after having spent a day renewing a set of circuits to anew loom which has set me back in terms of programme.

Any tips on this - I even followed Brian Bucklands tip on installing a fused link to the solenid cicuit (red/white cable) but even that did'nyt blow :oops:

Also which route does that main loom take from the main engine bay- is it over the plenum chamber above the fan housing or does it run under the fan unit or does it run through the gap to the rear of the fan unit(but the tails serving switches to dash will not reach!!!)

Some help or even if someone has any time spare assist me in geeting the wiring completed would be appreciated. Photos of cables runs would help if anyone else is at the same stage.

I also note that the wiring diagram for the flasher relay (6RA) situated behind the dash under the drivers bulkhead is not shown on the diagram for the S3 as shown in the workshop manual. Can anyone shed light on which wires go where to this relay.

I live in Bedfordshire UK

Many Thanks for help in advance

Nico
nico506
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Emma-Knight » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:25 pm

there is a nice thread in technical information in the info part of this page.

:idea:

Anna
1965 S2
Emma-Knight
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: