Voltage stabiliser connections

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:47 pm

Just managed to locate my Volt Stab. behind the dash and am a bit confused by the connections...

The unit is screwed to the dash near the voltmeter and has an extra connection to the the one I have as a replacement (courtesy of Mr J.P. Clegg).

Basically all the pins have double green wires going to them plus there is another pin with a double black wire attached (earth?) which the new stabiliser doesn't have a connection for...

Question is - what do I do with the earth wires when attaching the new stabiliser?
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:07 pm

Robbie
Connect the earth wires to the case (via the fixing screw?)....
John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Frank Howard » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:45 pm

Robbie,

The voltage stabilizer really has only three conections, but two of these connections are doubled in order to give you more connectors to choose from. These double connectors are U shaped. The first U shaped connector is for 12V going in. If you want to power something else with 12V, you can tap into this by connecting to the other part of the U. The second U shaped connector is for stabilized voltage going out, usually to the fuel gauge. If you want to power something else with stabilized voltage (electronic temperature gauge), you can simply connect to the other part of this U. The last connector is ground and as John said, rather than connect the black ground wire to this connection, you can connect it to the case of the new voltage stabilizer. Hope this helps.
Frank Howard
'71 S4 SE
Minnesota
Frank Howard
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:06 pm

Fantastic! Just what I needed, thanks guys.

This place is great! :D
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:17 pm

P.S.

If you look closely at the connectors they should be marked B-Battery (12v input) I-Instruments (10volts regulated output)

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:05 am

Cool. Thanks again John
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: